Forum » Web Site Support

My account was deleted for apparently no reason...

• [Utente eliminato] ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mar 11 2012, 3:55

My account was deleted for apparently no reason...

Today I tried to log in after being away from my laptop for about two days. It said my username did not exist. There is no evidence of my profile having existed at all; it doesn't show up when I type the URL, and the shouts I posted on others' profiles are gone. I already tried emailing support, but I don't have very much hope as it said it would only do support for certain issues. I really can't think of any reason staff would have to delete my account. They didn't even send me an email or a warning or anything.

I did search to see if there were any posts like this and didn't see any, so I'm sorry if this is a duplicate. I appreciate any help you can give me.

• Utente
    • Mar 11 2012, 3:57

Bring her back!

• Utente
    • Mar 11 2012, 4:30
    that helps so much

• Utente
    • Mar 11 2012, 4:52
    I'm just doing my part

• Re: My account was deleted for apparently no reason...

myx0m4t0sis said:
    I really can't think of any reason staff would have to delete my account. They didn't even send me an email or a warning or anything.
    The staff doesn't delete any accounts. If you would have done anything against the rules, then the account would have been "banned", which is a very different procedure. (Also as you mentioned you would have gotten at least one warning beforehand).

A deletion of an account can only be done from the specific account itself, and it's also necessary to enter the account's password first.

• Utente
    • Mar 11 2012, 15:26
    That's what I said.

Deleted on YOUR end.

The conspiracy continues.

• Utente
    • Mar 11 2012, 15:38
    Thanks for the response...at least I know that I wasn't banned for doing something wrong. But I still don't really know how it could have been deleted, because as far as I know I'm the only person who has access to this account. Plus, like I said, my laptop had been locked for the past couple of days and nobody knows the password except me. :/ oh well lol.

• Naijca ha detto...
    • Forum Moderator
    • Mar 11 2012, 18:54
    myx0m4t0sis said:
    Thanks for the response...at least I know that I wasn't banned for doing something wrong. But I still don't really know how it could have been deleted, because as far as I know I'm the only person who has access to this account. Plus, like I said, my laptop had been locked for the past couple of days and nobody knows the password except me. :/ oh well lol.
    Are you 100% sure you're entering the right username? And are you sure the registration process went through? If you could provide us with the account name in question, we /might/ be able to find some info, but I cannot promise anything, especially since it might have been two days ago.

Hear their screams, such sweet music. ♥ Message me → [Inbox]
    Last.fmで顧客サポートを行う。日本語でおk! → [メール]
  • Who might know you well enough to know your name on here and figure out your password, and delete your account from there PC? When you go to your email, are you getting any unusual emails that say they are from a friend, or are you getting emails from a friend saying you sent them a spam link of any sorts?

• Utente
    • Mar 12 2012, 12:45
    The username was zarqu0n. And yeah, I've looked several times to make sure that it was gone. Other people have told me that they cant see it anymore as well. As far as getting any unusual emails, there have been none that I can think of.

• I'm afraid it's too late to undelete this account, we did attempt this this morning. We can only attempt an undelete within 24 hours of deletion.

• Your username will become available again after the deletion is complete.

http://www.last.fm/settings/account data

Gli utenti anonimi non possono inviare messaggi. Per inserire messaggi nei forum, accedi o crea il tuo account.