Forum » Web Site Support

Banned tracks still playing.

• Banned tracks still playing.

This problem started on the last.fm client, so I stopped using it in favor of the web client. It has followed me here. Tracks listed as banned keep playing on my station. Clicking ban on some other tracks will just skip the track instead of banning it.
    Some examples include:
    Rasputina – 1816, The Year Without A Summer does not get banned at all, clicking the ban button when this track plays just skips the track.

I will try and add more if I notice them.

I'm using google chrome up to date version 17.0.963.46.

• Try banning tracks using the Last.fm Mass Tagger.

Facet zaprosił mnie do kina i w połowie drogi pyta mnie: "A stać Cię na bilet..."?...i tak ma być.

FAQ Legal Terms and Policies Polskie forum pomocy The English forum Support Music Manager Music Manager - support System Status
  • The mass tagger worked in helping me ban the track I listed in original post. If any previously banned tracks play on my station, I will ban them with the mass tagger.

• Dethklok - Castratikron played despite being listed as banned. I used the mass tagger on it, hopefully it will register now.

Played again despite being banned with the mass tagger.

The Deadfly Ensemble - Cariodoc's Kiss played despite being listed as banned. Using mass tagger on it.

The Deadfly Ensemble - Black-Capped Chaplains played despite being listed as banned. Using mass tagger on it.

Played again despite being banned with the mass tagger.

Modificato da Slipkn0tGuy in data Feb 24 2012, 21:26
  • Shock One – Adachigahara's Theme was banned with the mass tagger but has just played on the recommended radio anyway. Shockone is currently bugged because it's flagged for incorrect tag.

• Mass tagger is not working, tracks banned with mass tagger are still being played.

• headey ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Feb 26 2012, 23:26
    What time scale are you looking at?
    In my experience they never ban on the first day ; often not for several days ; occasionally not for several weeks.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent.
    Ludwig Wittgenstein
    -but how boring life would be

headey cocktail
  • Varies, from days to months depending on the song when using the ban button.

As far as strictly mass tagger bans 1-2 weeks.

• DoctorT ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Feb 27 2012, 10:46
    Are the banned tracks playing when you play your Library or are they playing when you play other user's libraries, tag stations, anything that is not yours?

Music, like language, is universal.
  • [spam]

[spam]

Modificato da Lastfmsupport in data Mar 2 2012, 18:30
  • DoctorT said:
    Are the banned tracks playing when you play your Library or are they playing when you play other user's libraries, tag stations, anything that is not yours?

I only play my Library, Mix, and Recommendation radio stations.

• I have the same problem. The following tracks just won't let me ban them. They say they are banned but they play anyway!

Beth Ditto - I Wrote The Book
    Q-Tip - Gettin' Up
    Mike Posner & The Brain Trust – Drug Dealer Girl

• headey ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Feb 29 2012, 19:41
    fedora323 said:
    I have the same problem. The following tracks just won't let me ban them. They say they are banned but they play anyway!

Beth Ditto I Wrote the Book
    Q-Tip Gettin' Up
    Mike Posner & The Brain Trust Drug Dealer Girl
    edit
    Shoscombe, Old Place Such Few Times For So Little Faces
    Which radios are they coming up on?
    &
    What time scale are you looking at?
    In my experience they never ban on the first day ; often not for several days ; occasionally not for several weeks.

others

Ludwig Wittgenstein

headey cocktail
    Modificato da headey in data Mar 1 2012, 13:05
  • They play in my library radio. I use iPhone, Roku, my computer, and the mass tagger to ban tracks.
    Mike Posner & The Brain Trust - Drug Dealer Girl has only been banned for a day. The other two songs i banned months ago. I've had to remove them from my library completely only to have them eventually play again and still not accept my ban.
    Could the tracks that won't ban have anything to do with artists I have added to my library? I think I added both Beth Ditto and Q-Tip to my library. I only have problems banning the one Q-Tip song. I believe I have had problems banning multiple Beth Ditto songs.

• Also:
    Shoscombe, Old Place – Such Few Times For So Little Faces

• Dethklok - Castratikron has been playing for at least 2 months with it saying banned on the track page. It's been 16 days since I started banning it with mass tagger, it still plays.

• Slipkn0tGuy said:
    Dethklok - Castratikron has been playing for at least 2 months with it saying banned on the track page. It's been 16 days since I started banning it with mass tagger, it still plays.
    Try banning this track too. We have an open bug ticket to look at banned tracks taking auto-corrections into account.

• Knapster01 said:
    Try banning this track too. We have an open bug ticket to look at banned tracks taking auto-corrections into account.

Thank you for responding. It probably plays once a day so I'll check back in to this thread and let you know if it has played again. If you need any more information I am more than willing to help.

• Unfortunately it did not work. It played again.

• I can't see that track in your banned tracks. Use the mass tagger to ban all tracks by Metalocalypse: Dethklok.

• Knapster01 said:
    I can't see that track in your banned tracks. Use the mass tagger to ban all tracks by Metalocalypse: Dethklok.

I am getting some very odd screenshots. The first page of tracks by Metalocalypse: Dethklok, after I banned it is not showing up on that banned tracks page. The second page of tracks however are. Banning tracks by that tag are also banning tracks by the correct band.

Maybe you already knew about this, maybe not. I banned all 3 pages of tracks by Metalocalypse: Dethklok.

Thank you again for your help with this issue.

Edit:Actually I think this is because last time I only banned the first page. I confused the track bloodrocuted with castratikron as that was another track that kept playing after being banned. Hopefully banning all 3 pages will resolve this issue.

Edit2: It played again.

• So tired of Banning the same songs.....

I'll be listening to fantastic music, Beats, Rock, House, when suddenly Vigilia pour Orgue plays. And always when I've put a little distance between myself and my computer.

I swear I've banned that song 50+ times or more, recently. I'd never really thought about banned songs recurring in my playlists, that is until this one started playing once, if not twice per day. Its not even music. What weird depressed freak could enjoy that.

• Castratikron played once more.

• headey ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mar 10 2012, 0:09
    So it must be to do with the redirect & Knapster01'sKnapster01 said:
    We have an open bug ticket to look at banned tracks taking auto-corrections into account.
    Does that mean you're having to abandon lastfm's wonderful recommendations & just listen to other people's radios?

btw
    it seems like tags can be added but not removed! see notes
    http://www.last.fm/music/+noredirect/Metalocalypse%3A+Dethklok/_/Castratikron

Ludwig Wittgenstein

headey cocktail
  • Played once more. As you can see from my screenshots, I banned everything by the incorrectly tagged band.

Gli utenti anonimi non possono inviare messaggi. Per inserire messaggi nei forum, accedi o crea il tuo account.